Sunday, 24 July 2016

Now...Where was I ?

Oh yes!   Time for a blog post, long overdue!

Britains Knights and Turks.

Over the next couple of posts I hope to present my collection of Britains Knights and Turks.
First off the mark are the Foot Knights.


First Series Foot Knights on the left, Second Series in the middle and Swivel Knights on the right.
In the rear are Black Knights and DSG Knights.
Front left are some miscellaneous knights.

First Series.


This series was released in 1973.   Colour schemes remained the same for the most part, only the shield stickers varied.   

Second Series.



This series was introduced in 1978.   Again, colour schemes remained fairly standard with the shield stickers varying.

The Knights that Swivel!


These Knights were introduced in 1984.   The body could be made to swivel and if you were so inclined, could swap legs and bodies.   The mounted versions used the same torsos but with a mounted lower body.    Unfortunately, I do not have any of the mounted version.
Apparently, additional mounted figures with gold torsos and modified to take a large shield were were released in 1988 and called Banner Knights.

Black Knights.


Essentially the same figures as Series 2, this set was introduced in 1985.   I don't think there were mounted versions produced.

In the foreground is a set of China Production figures.  A mixture of Series 1 and 2, but with more detailed paint schemes.   Only 5 figures in the set though.

DSG Knights


A selection of DSG Knights.   Still available and in various colour schemes, I bought these to make up Command Units.   Nicely sculpted figures and they fit in well with Britains.

Odd Knights


Well, the two on the right are Britains but modifed/repainted and I have no idea about the two on the left.

There was another set of Knights released in 1986 and then re-introduced in 1997 as China production.   The less said of these monstrosities, the better.   They were, in my humble opinion, badly sculpted, and looked as if they were on a body builder's steroid regime.   I have a few in my spares box awaiting re-purposing!

Next post I hope to deal with the Turk Foot and Knight and Turk Mounted.









8 comments:

  1. Cool collection mate, nice to see them all set up, cool photos too, well worth the effort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate! I thought it was time to get back in the saddle. The Britains Knights can be difficult to figure out, since they made so many different series.
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete
  2. Great to see so many together in one collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection!! And very impressive too that they all have weapons! Many of my Knights end up resorting to fisticuffs, which sometimes leads to some amusing heroics! Especially against mounted guys with lances! Anyway, great to see your Deetails figs. Look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Private W! I have had to replace a few weapons over the years. As I mentioned in the blog Lances were made by Lunar Tick but you can still get Timpo ones. Red Skorpio/DSG do replacement weapons as well as Replicants I believe. That might help your guys from getting too close and personal!
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete
  4. Nice collection!
    I had a few of these when I was much shorter, no idea what happened to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain. If we only knew then what they would be worth now!
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete