Sunday, 30 August 2015

I've got Spurs that Jingle, Jangle, Jingle!

Britains Deetail Cowboys.

There would not be too many (older) people that did not have these figures growing up.
I certainly have obtained a few over the years.
I present, for your viewing pleasure, my Wild West Collection of Britains Cowboys.






I think I have most of the sets/series that Britains produced in one form or another.   On the whole, the Cowboys are pretty confusing to categorise because of the many variations both in figure type and colour variation.   I have the book "Suspended Animation" by Peter Cole, which catalogues the different series of Deetail Figures.    Guess I should sit down with that one day and sort out the confusion!



Wagons Roll!


From L-R
 Stagecoach (China), Jail Wagon, 2 Covered Wagons (scratchbuilt in the 80's), another 2 Covered Wagons (scratchbuiilt in the 90's) and at the rear, Buckboard and another Covered Wagon (both China)
Of course some of these wagons pull double duty for the ACW and Plains Wars as well as the Wild West.




2 comments:

  1. Well is that a wagon I see before me?

    Nice one Col, great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate! If I had had the time, I would have drawn them up in a circle !
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete