Monday, 13 April 2015

Meine kleine Armee Deutsch!

Again, just a short post, but one in a series that will cover my collection of AFV's, Artillery, Softskins and soldiers.
First up the German Army, European Theatre of Operations.


Rear Row L-R   2 Tiger Tanks (CTS), 2 Panther Tanks (CTS) and 2 Pzkpfw Mk IVs (CTS)
Middle Row L-R 2 Sdkfz 251s (CTS), 1Pzkpfw Mk II, (Scratchbuilt) 1 Pzkpfw Stug IV (CTS), 2 Sdkfz 251s (Airfix)
Front Row L-R   1 Kublewagen (Britains), 1 Kublewagen (Scratchbuilt), 3 Pak 40s. (Britains) and 2 Sdkfz 222s (Scratchbuilt)

As you can see, there are a few vehicles still to be painted, i.e the CTS and Airfix.   There is also a dire shortage of Transport vehicles.   Must get around to that one day!

Next, the German Infantry, European Theatre of Operations.


Obviously, small in numbers compared to other peoples collections, but I'm pretty happy with them.
The greater majority of the troops are Britains, series 1 and 2 with 5 squads of the (newish) Superdeetail figures.   The figures on the right are a mixture of Matchbox and Airfix.   These were resurrected from my early days of wargaming with my son back in the 80's.
The figures on the left are also Britains which make up my "Reserve or HQ section".
There is also an example each of the Motorcycles and three Mortar squads.   Two converted Britains artillerymen and an Airfix prone MG team are also evident.   A Timpo Officer with bino's rounds out the collection.   The non Britains figures (with the exception of the Timpo Officer) have been rebased using Britians style bases from DSG


4 comments:

  1. A very potent 1:32nd German Army there. Nicely done. I have found that Airfix Afrika Korps make good later war figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate! I will be doing a post on my DAK vehicles and figures shortly. I have never looked at them for late war Germans though, but I can see what you mean.
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete
  2. Great figs mate, a games with them might be on the cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al. I was thinking of getting out my Wild West Town and having a game of "Shoot the Sheriff". We'll see what happens!
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete