Tuesday, 5 May 2015

La Grande Guerre

This time around, my collection of WW1 Armour and Softskins.   No infantry to speak of as yet, they are still awaiting painting.   Britain, France and Germany are represented here.


British Forces

Rear Row L-R  AEC Y Type Lorry (scratchbuilt), 1914 Patt Rolls Royce (scratchbuilt),  MkIV Tadpole Tank (Steve Weston), Seabrook Armoured Car (scratchbuilt), AEC B Type Armoured Lorry (scratchbuilt) 2 1914 Patt Rolls Royce Armoured Cars (scratchbuilt).
Front Row L-R  Mk7 GS Wagon (scratchbuilt), 3 Ford Model T Ambulances (scratchbuilt), Mk 7 GS Wagon (scratchbuilt).

French Forces


L-R Schneider CA-1, Renault FT Girod turret 57mm gun, Renault FT Berliet turret Hotchkiss MG, Renault FT TSF, Renault FT Berliet turret 57mm gun.  All scratchbuilt.
Really need to get some French 75's and some Transport vehicles.

German Forces


L-R Heavy Provision Wagon 05 (scratchbuilt), Erhardt 17 Armoured Car (scratchbuilt), A7V Tank (Steve Weston) Heavy Provision Wagon 05 (scratchbuilt)

The poor old Germans really need some lovin!

Well, that is my collection of WW1 Armour and Softskins.   I need to acquire Artillery pieces, Transport vehicles and Mk IV tanks.   I have always thought it was a shame Steve Weston did not produce the Mk IV instead of the Tadpole but that's ancient history now.   Of course, the infantry for all sides needs to be painted up as well.






6 comments:

  1. So cool, French armour, me do want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate. We'll see what we can do!
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete
  2. I'm feeling quite sorry for your Germans now. Even I have twice that number of A7Vs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I feel the beginnings of a Teutonic Arms Race coming on Tim! Noting that the most common tank type used by the Germans were captured British ones, I think I had better start there.
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete
  3. Sir, your scratchbuilt vehicles are AMAZING!!!! Very, very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Private W. That is very kind of you to say so.
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete