Saturday, 14 February 2015

Miscellanea

Just a collection of miscellaneous projects and purchases this post starting with the first of the Universal Carriers painted up.



Painted and decalled for a generic 8th Army vehicle.   The vehicle markings were from Tamiya, and the paints used were Humbrol Desert Tan and Vallejo acrylics for road wheels, seats, etc.   Figures are DSG and a lone Matchbox (I think!)



I finally finished the last of my Rolls Royces, this one being painted in Army camouflage.


Base colour was Humbrol Desert Tan with Vallejo Uniform Green and USA Olive Drab outlined in Black.

Lastly, I picked up this box of Pegasus WW2 Russian Naval Infantry in 1/32 scale.   The figures look to be good sculpts and I will do a review of these in a later post once I get them painted.









10 comments:

  1. Nice vehicles, like the way the camo looks. Look forward to the review of the Naval Infantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. Naval subjects are thinly represented by the figure manufacturers so it's always nice to see when a set comes out.
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete
    2. Plenty to keep you going mate, nice work on the carrier too

      Delete
  2. Very good indeed. The 8th Army figures are among my all time favourites and the carrier is just about the best vehicle (especially in this scale). Do you think you might do a crew for it? I'm also looking forward to the Naval Infantry review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate!. Yes, in hindsight I should have done a crew. I have plenty of Airfix Multi Pose I could cut and paste. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. Great work.
    Pink color is changed to true "color tone"
    The armored car is really great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures! what's the brand and scale of the universal carrier? I have not seen any in 1/32.

    Regards, Martín.
    Plastic Commandos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKC4a-JXS0Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin! I scratchbuilt those in 1/32nd scale. The build is detailed in November 2014 and onwards.
      Cheers
      Col

      Delete